Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks low at back

hi guys
    i got a 3.0td surf.it looks low at the back to me.i havent measured the distance between the top of the tyre to the wheel arch yet.could it be a spring or shocker problem?
    thanks for any help.
    mark.

Originally posted by donk70
    hi guys
    i got a 3.0td surf.it looks low at the back to me.i havent measured the distance between the top of the tyre to the wheel arch yet.could it be a spring or shocker problem?
    thanks for any help.
    mark.
    Most Surf's will eventually sag at the back. The cure is uprated rear springs. I am just about to do mine. The springs, (20% uprated) are available from Milners for £40 + VAT + p & p.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

hi chaps ,had same problem on mine ,ordered up rated springs from milners 40quid next day delivery ,popped them in only takes about an hour ,problem solved ,and now ready to tow as well, the ride has improved loads to so worth every penny, also nice and bright blue too looks the muts

Comment

Well this makes four

Mark.
        It seems to be a common problem, and surprisingly enough particulary prevelent amongst '95 SSRX!!! as I have also found.
        The springs mentioned earlier are the solution, but when you contact Milners it is worth asking if they have any springs that compensate for the different weight distribution between n/s and o/s. Basically because the fuel tank is under the drivers seat you can imagine that normally there is a significant inbalance. If they have a set of springs with one of them being a cm or two longer this would assist with the balance. The ones they sent me were the same and there is a small lean to the offside, a blind man would like to see it, but it is there none the less.
        Good luck
        Paul
        Paul.

Comment

i notice this on cars aswell standard an lowered down 1cm on the side were the tank is an higher on the front were the gearbox is left or right

Comment

Working...
          X