Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft pullies

Hi chaps
    With reference to the 4 belt pullies on the crankshaft, the inner 2 seem to be `floating` backwards and forwards behind the 2 front pullies. Is this normal or not? They appear to be rubbing on the timing cover as they move backwards and forwards. Any Idea`s.
    regards Tich

mmmmm my surf is in the garage now getitn a new head. the fella has also told me my crank pully has this same probly ure havin and he showed me the cam belt cover an it had bein eatin away, so mines been replaced before it starts eatin away at the cambetlt , if that happenes all hell will break loose .

if i were you ad get it replaced.

Comment

That's the Harmonic Balancer and they can start to separate.Get it checked ASAP.The 3L 2.8 ltr harmonic balancer will fit the 2.4s.

Neville

Comment

Just as an add on I`ve stripped it all down and have noticed that the camshaft pullies have a rubber type compound underneath them ,between the pullies and the hub that they sit on. This rubber is split in a couple of places. It appears that once I have found a way to undo the nut that holds tha hub onto the end of the crankshaft( its !!!!!! tight and its knowing how to stop the crankshaft turning) I will have to get a new hub that will hopefully come with new pullies fitted. Any suggestions where I can get one from?
        Tich

Comment

Working...
        X