Freezing my donkey off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing my donkey off

I think I'm missing something with the heating in my truck, if someone could advise me? It's a 2.4L pickup, 1995 reg'd.

It takes for ever to get any heat out of the heater, about 5-6 miles at least, and even after a long time it's not very powerful. The engine runs well, and I drive it about 30 miles each way to work every day. I bought the truck in October last year, had to get the rad recored in November, so I don't really know if it did it before the new rad. It doesn't overheat, in fact the temp needle rarely makes it far from the cold end. I've checked the water level in the rad and the bottle, both are fine.

What next? Or are they all like this? Is there something I haven't done to get some air out or something? Would it not work its own way out by now?

ta

Check if you actually have a thermostat, sounds very much like there isn't one fitted. That would explain the long time to warm up and the permanant cool running.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Check if you actually have a thermostat, sounds very much like there isn't one fitted. That would explain the long time to warm up and the permanant cool running.

Cheers
      Agree completely.

Neville

Comment

Mines the exact same, takes 6 miles before the car is warmed up (I work 6 straight miles from home open road). I have a new functioning thermostat.

This morning in the subzero temps I decided not to bother with the heater coz I'd be just getting warm when I'd have to get out and start all over again with the lorry. Thing was, when I got to work I couldnt open the doors coz they'd frozen again so I had to blast the heater till they thawed out.

Comment

I think I was having something of a lowbrow moment when I posted this... I checked in the manual and there is a thermostat, which it suggests is jammed open (=scrap), so amounts to the same thing as not having one. Should have figured this out meself, but thanks anyway!

Like the frozen doors story

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrod
            I think I was having something of a lowbrow moment
            Would you believe you're right. Me too, lowbrow moment and all that. One should know better!

Comment

Working...
            X