Seatbelt Retractor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbelt Retractor Problem

I've been having problems with my rear left seatbelt. Basically, it won't come out. no matter how slowly/gradually I pull it, or at what angle I pull it, it won't come out.

I took it out on Saturday to have a look at it (thanks Codlord for the write-up on removing the inner trim - it was even easier than you made out, and luckily I didn't break any clips, even putting it all back). I had to remove the speaker assembly to get at the mounting bolt fot the seat belt retractor.

Nothing I did could fix it. I'm not opening it - I know it'll explode and take both my eyes out.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement seatbelt unit? Toyota want over €200.

An odd thing I noticed too was that there's a metal loop/bracket thing on the belt. It looks as if it should be mounted near the retractor as a guide for the belt and there is what looks like a mounting hole for this guide, but there's no sign of the guide ever having been mounted there, eg - no scraped paint.

The other side is the same - free-floating loop/bracket.

No pics - sorry. No batteries in camera.

Thanks for any replies.

Mark
    :

Mark

I have a feeling something is missing from your seat belt mechanism.PM you email address and I'll send a pic.

Neville

Comment

Working...
    X