'T' Belt lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'T' Belt lamp

Does anyone know how to reset the T Belt lamp on my dashboard? I recently passed 125,000 Km and the light came on. I only changed the timing belt lastmonth. I need to reset. Any help would be most grateful.

I don't know what model surf you have cos you have not said in your profile but assuming its the same as mine see (B) in the first picture on this page:
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Many thanks Codlord. My surf is a 1996 SSRX 3.0. The dash looks the same as the picture. I didn't know if there was a reset button or code that needed to be entered. I only just put the dash back together after changing my speedo face.

Comment

Originally posted by safetyman
        Many thanks Codlord. My surf is a 1996 SSRX 3.0. The dash looks the same as the picture. I didn't know if there was a reset button or code that needed to be entered. I only just put the dash back together after changing my speedo face.
        As your is a '96, it should be a 3rd Gen model (lift up tailgate) to reset the light you will need to remove the clocks, on the rear is a location with 2 screw holes about an inch apart, with a screw in only one of them. To reset the light you must remove the screw and place it in the alternate hole.
        Unless of course you have the optional optitrol lexus style dials which call for a different method again...
        Have a search here on the forum and you should find a photo of the screw its and alternate position.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

This is the picture your after.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X