losing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing power

can anyone help. after sorting out my electrical faults my 2.4 turbo diesal surf has now lost its power in the low gears she smokes and fuel consumption has soared she starts no problem i had a new cam belt fitted a few weeks ago so i thought maybe the mechanic has got the timing wrong but the engine sounds fine does anyone have any ideas on wot i should be looking at

Hi M8ty
    What colour smoke is comming out black/blue/white?
    Im no mechanic but looks like could be the CPU engine management
    box,dont want to worry you but have you had the water system
    praesure checked.
    Had sameish on my truck lose of power excessive fule smoke etc
    found it was the head cracked between 3+4 bore.Hope not but
    a thought.
    Keep us posted
    Chris
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by trucker
      can anyone help. after sorting out my electrical faults my 2.4 turbo diesal surf has now lost its power in the low gears she smokes and fuel consumption has soared she starts no problem i had a new cam belt fitted a few weeks ago so i thought maybe the mechanic has got the timing wrong but the engine sounds fine does anyone have any ideas on wot i should be looking at

Believe it or not, the timing on Crank and Cam can be right but Fuel Pump may be out a tooth or two.Best to check this first.If done correctly the timing should not be out but many get it wrong because of the way the Fuel Pump tends to spring back when installing belt.

Neville

Comment

Working...
      X