Battery off or put back on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery off or put back on

Well the beast has finally given up starting with the weather!....so heres the question ...is it okay to leave the batteries off until I can get round to it in the daylight [probably from this saturday on] or should I put them back on??????

I got the parts and took a week off work but on the first day got called in due to systems failure and the whole week went to pot fro there on in! so the job didn't get done on the Starter Motor and with the cold snap the motor has said enough.

She tried turning over, but power is now seriously drained and just get clicks whereas before there was no noticeable difference.

Just managed to get one of the bolts free but the second you can just get a finger too and with it being dark would be nigh on possible to see really whats happening.
    Gaz

Leave them disconnected.Even better would be to check the water level and put them on a charger till they are fully charged so the are ready to go when you get whatever fixed.

Neville

Comment

She is Alive!

Well just spent 3 hours doing the starter motor and the Beast is Alive!..

It was an ar*e of a job though.
      Near Side Wheel Off.
      After spending an eternity unbolting and unfastening the cables to the Starter Motor the thing wouldn't come out which ever way I tried.

First issue was that I had to disconnect the Auto Tranmission Disptick Tube to get some free play to get at the high level bolt/nut at the top and behind the starter [near to the bulk head].

Had to disconnect the Fuel Filter from the bulkhead to make more room to remove the Starter Motor up through the engine bay.

Once out the job to replace the bits was easy, thanks to Fieldsy's instructions

Putting back in was far easier apart from that high level bolt again. Whoever thought of putting the nut/bolt there should be shot....

Connected things back up in reverse order apart from Fuel Filter in case the Starter had to come back out again.
      Connected the Batteries and the Beasty Fired Up!!!
      Last edited by Gizmo; 22 December 2004, 08:36. Reason: change of words
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X