Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust exhausted

Hiiiiiii everybody

I have just purchased a 1991 2.4 td hi lux surf, therefore i have joined what looks like an interesting owners club

I need help. The rear section of my exhaust has snapped, the local dealers can't help as the car is an import, does anyone know where i can get my hands on a good priced rear section of the exhaust.

Also is it the same/similar to a uk hi-lux pick up or the 4runner??

heeeelp
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

check out www.toyotahilux.com or www.milneroffroad.com and see if what you want is there. When my exhaust went my mechanic custom made one using bits from a Hilux pickup, as he said there was a difference (still trying to become mechanically minded, and failing myself).

Hope this helps

Duane
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

A company called milners supply all of the three exhaust sections, Depending on auto/manual etc etc.

When you contact them be sure to have you chassis number to hand, Thats the number starting LN130 I think.

Get Milners at 01629 734411 or www.milneroffroad.com

hope this helps.

Mike

Comment

Im sure Arvin (Timax) make an aftermarket one, maybe if your going to fit it yourself you could try your local Partco (there all over the uk see yellow pages)

A timax unit will be aluminsed rather than normal mild steel thats been painted, so should last a good while too.. (comes with 2 year warranty normaly)

Hope this helps a little..

Comment

Thanks guys

Does anyone know if the exhaust is the same/similar to a 4runner??

Also another problem that i have just noticed, when i try to hold the revs @ 2000 there is a weird knocking noise from the cylinder head, any ideas?? has anyone else had a similar problem or indeed is it a problem or just a normal charateristic of a diesel engine.

Comment

Originally posted by sajjap
            Thanks guys

Does anyone know if the exhaust is the same/similar to a 4runner??

Also another problem that i have just noticed, when i try to hold the revs @ 2000 there is a weird knocking noise from the cylinder head, any ideas?? has anyone else had a similar problem or indeed is it a problem or just a normal charateristic of a diesel engine.
            Pretty similar to the 3.0V6 petrol 4runner, needs a bit of modification at the front of the main silencer but it can be done.

Cheers

Comment

Quicksilver Exhausts...

I have just e-mailed Quicksilver to see what sort of money they want for a custom system as they only list normal Hi-lux's. ANyone had any experience of them???
              Get this - 25 years corrosion warranty!
              http://www.racecar.co.uk/quicksilver/
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                Pretty similar to the 3.0V6 petrol 4runner, needs a bit of modification at the front of the main silencer but it can be done.

Cheers
                Its far easier to get a 2.4 Surf rear section than a 4Runner one (see my post in the V6 section! ). The milners one is fine, and Roughtrax are £40 more, but have a 3 year warrentee.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                  I have just e-mailed Quicksilver to see what sort of money they want for a custom system as they only list normal Hi-lux's. ANyone had any experience of them???
                  Get this - 25 years corrosion warranty!
                  http://www.racecar.co.uk/quicksilver/

This is what they said, fastest reply ever too I only sent them the e-mail last night. Anyway...

"Dear Tim Thanks for your email. We can make a system from the 'Cat' for your HiLux for £ 580.00 including VAT. We will need your old system to copy (and can arrange to collect this) and will return the new exhaust in about 14 days. All our exhaust systems come with our Twenty Five Year Corrosion Guarantee - here since 1973. I trust that this will meet with your approval, if so the easiest way to order is to return the attached Order Form via fax/email or telephone with a credit card - we accept all the usual cards Please contact me directly with any further questions you may have. Best regards"
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks again you guys are very knowledgeable.

Comment

£580.00 for a cat-back.... blimey...

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        £580.00 for a cat-back.... blimey...

andyL
                        Makes £115 from Milners nice and cheap huh?

(Plus you won't have a Cat on the 2.4..........)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X