Front Diff Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Diff Nut

Can anyone tell me if the big nut in the dead centre of this pic is the filling nut for the front diff.

There is NO fill hole on the top where there should be according to Tonys Tips on General Servicing.

Its on a 1991 2.4.

Anyone know???

Originally posted by JimL
    Can anyone tell me if the big nut in the dead centre of this pic is the filling nut for the front diff.

There is NO fill hole on the top where there should be according to Tonys Tips on General Servicing.

Its on a 1991 2.4.

Anyone know???
    jim, thats the fill/oil level for the diff
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Great stuff Ian now to get the bugger opened, rear one took a few joules outta me

Comment

Jim, that pic is from underneath the car, looking up.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So it is Tony

Its funny though coz if I remember right your stats show the front diff taking 2.2 ltrs and the rear taking 1.9 ltrs
          I tried to measure what mine took and came away with 2.7 for the rear and 1.5 for the front and am missing 0.8 ltrs from the can !!!
          As usual when finished everything I poured the old oil out of the collecting pan, I found a washer off one of the 6 oil filler/drain nuts that I had been at today :grrrrr:

Anyone whos interested the filler/drain plugs are 24mm

Comment

Working...
          X