bullbar glare??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bullbar glare??

i have got some big shiny chrome Jaos Bullbars which look great but i'm having trouble driving the car at night because of them.....

When i have the headlights on, the light is reflected back off the chrome straight at the windscreen - annoying if theres the slightest smearing on the screen and almost lethal when its raining, as the screen is really difficult to see through.

Can anyone suggest ways of dimishing this problem (other than the obvious one of take the bars off, paint them black, etc)?

ta
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Originally posted by lightningad
    i have got some big shiny chrome Jaos Bullbars which look great but i'm having trouble driving the car at night because of them.....

When i have the headlights on, the light is reflected back off the chrome straight at the windscreen - annoying if theres the slightest smearing on the screen and almost lethal when its raining, as the screen is really difficult to see through.

Can anyone suggest ways of dimishing this problem (other than the obvious one of take the bars off, paint them black, etc)?

ta
    I assume the lights are reflecting off the top part of the bar that goes round the light. Some bars have spacers where it bolts up to the chassis, it may need the spacers taken out to raise the bar so the light goes through the bar as apposed to hitting it.
    Had this on mine and because it fitted on top of the front towing eye the spacers were not needed as it lowered the bar.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I am just about to buy a surf with the Jaos bars fitted, and it has strips of black tape along the back of the bars.

Give it a try.

Comment

i'll have a look for spacers...it could be that simple.

I had thought of black tape but i really don't want to have to do that if at all possible - it looks awfully cheap and nasty!!

thanks
        adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

ta
          Sell them to me?

Comment

Only drive during daylight hours
            Do not turn headlights on at night
            Drive backwards
            or stick matt black tape on.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
              Sell them to me?
              "Sod off" - in the nicest possible way of course!
              adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

i'll have a look for spacers...it could be that simple.

I had thought of black tape but i really don't want to have to do that if at all possible - it looks awfully cheap and nasty!!

thanks
                All you need is one strip of black tape on the back of the bars, it cant look cheap and nasty cos no bugger will see it apart from you, or you could get tinted contact lenses.

Comment

"Sod off" - in the nicest possible way of course!
                  Get it MUDDY at Barton mate. You know it makes sense
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

How about getting an egr bonnet bug deflector. That will sit between the bars and your view, looks good too and as long as you get a smoked one it will get rid of the glare - does on mine anyway.

Cheers

Comment

I get the same problem with light bouncing off the back of
                      my head
                      Answer ware a hat
                      Better still go for the tape!
                      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

ta
                        You get used to it. Fit new wiper blades, and keep the windscreen clean.
                        Pete

Comment

Working...
                        X