Tired batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired batteries

My batteries are getting very tired , especially now the cold damp weather is here, can anyone tell me what the code/numbers are as all my markings are gone. I have twin batteries. on a 1994 3.0l.
    I want to replace them before they let me down.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by davesconfused
    My batteries are getting very tired , especially now the cold damp weather is here, can anyone tell me what the code/numbers are as all my markings are gone. I have twin batteries. on a 1994 3.0l.
    I want to replace them before they let me down.
    Thanks.

these are off my 2.4

Delco 80D26R (drivers side)
    Delco 80D26L (passenger side)

CCA................580
    Amp hr............75
    Reserve cap.....140
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

That will do nicely, thanks a lot.

Comment

hi, just an idea, do you have a local kevin coopers near you?

If so, pop in and ask them for a price on their h/duty varta bats.

they can do great trade prices on them and they are g/td all over the uk. If it goes wrong, take it into any varta sales outlet and they will replace foc!

Hope that helps........

Oh, also if poss. Try to get as large a current rated bat as poss.

ie, 80A - 100A

The higher the current, the better it will hold it's charge in cold climates.

regards

sparky

Comment

what replacement batteries are you lot using?

I believe the direct replacements are 030 and 031 but cant find anyone who does them.

225mm high batteries don't seem to be very common? Dont really want to modify the battery clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by davesconfused
            what replacement batteries are you lot using?

I believe the direct replacements are 030 and 031 but cant find anyone who does them.

225mm high batteries don't seem to be very common? Dont really want to modify the battery clamps.
            My passenger side battery is smaller in height than the drivers side - just put a piece of wood under it and clamped down on it. Works well, no problem and the batteries are amazing.
            Cheers

Comment

Before replacing batteries have the charging system checked.You may be surprised and find out that they are ok and the alternator is letting you down.This should be done even if batteries are being replaced as new batteries and faulty charging system may destroy the new batteries.

Neville

Comment

Batteries

This KEVIN COOPER doesnt sell batteries, but I think I need some, or can anyone tell me which battery is nearest to the starter, Passenger side or Drivers side, so I can jump start the beast.
                [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by kevinse9
                  This KEVIN COOPER doesnt sell batteries, but I think I need some, or can anyone tell me which battery is nearest to the starter, Passenger side or Drivers side, so I can jump start the beast.
                  the passenger side kev
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                  X