Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Err Help!!

Err, HELP.
    The Mrs has just phoned me she has got home from visiting the vets and our dog is in the back and the rear hatch window motor is running but wont go down either from the key or front switch.

Is there any other way of opening the rear door??

Matt

Originally posted by Manic
    Err, HELP.
    The Mrs has just phoned me she has got home from visiting the vets and our dog is in the back and the rear hatch window motor is running but wont go down either from the key or front switch.

Is there any other way of opening the rear door??

Matt

errrrrr no, because the window closes in to a recess all round the tail gate won't drop down.
    Maybe try and ease the window down as someone presses the button, it sounds like the gearing has come away from the motor.

Fold down rear seats down and get dog out that way.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Na cant seem to 'ease' it down as there is nowhere to grip it!!
      Obviously I've taken out the dog guard and got the dog out but to tackle the prob i've got to get the bugger down(window)
      Matt

Oh bugger, oh well I'll have ago Sunday when I've got some more time. Any suggestions though would be gratefully received!!
      Last edited by Manic; 29 October 2004, 19:54.

Comment

If you can get the inner panel off from inside the boot, you may be able to ease the window down enough to open the tailgate. It won't be easy though.

Cheers

Comment

Right i've managed to pull down the window and have the tailgate down, obviously I shall be lubricating all the runners while down but, I can still hear the motor running no prob but the glass does not go up and down, I am out hear wiv me laptop hoping someone knows how to re-engage the gears (if thats it?)

Matt

Comment

The teeth seem to be engaged and are not out of line?

Comment

Am having exactly the same problem, but not had any time to get a good look yet, any chance of telling me what you find?? Cheers.

Comment

It seems to intermittently go down with a bit of help from me and with me again pulling up it will go up 3/4 then I have to push up the rest of the way.
                Im going to have to book it into Ron Brooks Toyota dealer so I will post up what the outcome is. Run out of time and know how!!

Matt

Comment

Have you greased all the moving bits you can see? Mine didn't pack up altogether but became extremely slow and you could hear the motor straining. I also put some silicon spray on the rubbers. The window fairly whizzes up and down now.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Tried spraying most things with silicone lubricant still to no avail.

Cant get it into Toyota till 9th but will let u know outcome then
                    Last edited by Manic; 2 November 2004, 19:16.

Comment

Probably too late to help you, but have figured out the problem on my baby.
                      The wndow had stopped operating alltogether, however i could still hear the motor running. Took the motor out and had it in bits. The drive is via a wormwheel and plastic cog. This turns the metal gearing you see when you remove motor. Inside there is a "bicuit" of rubber which sit inside the cog, and three studs inside it transfer the drive. You stiil with me???. good. Now the rubber is moulded in between the two metal dics of the biscuit, and in my case the rubber had sheared away from the metal. Two 4mm screws tapped through the two dics and filed flush have sorted me right out. Normal service has been resumed. ITHANKYOU.

Comment

Working...
                      X