Front demister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front demister

I've noticed that when I set the heating controls to demist, and the fan on full, there isn't much air (barely any at all to be honest) coming out the vents along the top of the dashboard. I'm guessing that there is some form of electrical system that guides air between the top of the dash, the face vents, and the footwell, and that it isn't working properly. Anyone got any hints on investigating/fixing this???

TIA
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

i hope so cos mine is the same
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Are you closing the fresh air vents on each side of the dash? Makes a halluva difference. Failing that .......er ............dunno?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

If you have the push button vent selector something could be jammed, lever and cable ones are normally OK. you check all the vents are opening and closing properly.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just checked, and closing the side vents makes a difference, but only just.

I do have the push button type. Where do I check to see if something is jammed? I'm guessing that I'll need to dismantle the dashboard to do this, but how much of it? Where is the box-o-tricks that directs the airflow, what does it look like?

Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
          X