Alarm fitted and works fine :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm fitted and works fine :)

just fitted a sparkrite, voltage, motion sensing alarm.
    If anyone wants to know how it was done (apart from passive arming ignition sense wire- got that wrong) let me know and ill post it.
    May help someone with their install
    Hi few pics under member rigs, check out "surfing round europe" under general. Wave if you see us thanks mark

Alarm

Just had a cat 2 immobiliser fitted and was going to fit one of these easy fit alarms just for the noise value as argos sell them for about £25 and will upgrade mine to full cat 1 when i can afford it and move this one to my wifes car .Is there any tips on fitting.Thanks.

Comment

Hi, hardest part at first was where to put the alarm box!
      Ended up on driver side, under bonnet, level with turbo on the wing.
      Wires, pulled the dash out for stereo fitment anyway- drilled a hole below the plate that supports the steering wheel (under carpet)not to low though -check bonnet side for things not to drill through, added grommet.
      Ran all the wires needed through the grommet, connectors to and through rubber boot- DONT plugin!
      Flashing light went on right of steering wheel, under fog lamp switch in my gen 2 LN130.
      Motion sensor fitted in car behind centre trim- tx and rx ran up behind trim either side of windscreen, finish by hooking clips in trim past sunvisors.
      Most of the wires pluged in with scotchlocks to cable harness on steering wheel column- use a test light or meter.
      Fan sensor- didnt find it so ran a wire back to the loom where the fan supply came out.
      Ignition sense wire for passive last door close is incorrect on mine- alarm sets as door is closed and ignores ignition on.... any advice on that? (turned passive arm off)
      LAST thing to do, is connect plugs into alarm box- have your remotes in hand as you have about 5 seconds to dial in for each after you first connect the power!
      Last tip, door switch wire will work off any door pin switch- i used the wire on drivers side- scotchlock again.
      Pretty easy following instructions, as said finding space under the bonnet for the box, took longer than installing it almost!
      Last edited by mark lawton; 19 October 2004, 00:04. Reason: spelling errors not spotted in preview :(
      Hi few pics under member rigs, check out "surfing round europe" under general. Wave if you see us thanks mark

Comment

Alarm fitting

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
        X