Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric aerial playing silly beggars

Calling all leccy aerial wizards.

My leccy aerial is working ok in so much as it goes up when I switch the radio on but the motor runs on a bit when it reaches the top. When I switch the radio off, or the ign, the motor runs but the aerial wont go down until I give it a gentle tug then it goes all the way down and the motor stops. If I switch off before it reaches full extension it will go back down again? It's as if it might be going up too far?
    I have sprayed it with WD thinking it was sticking but theres no difference.

Am I stuck with helping it to retract or can it be fixed?
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Sounds like it may be going up too far alright and its running out of cable to pull it back down again, but only just if you only have to pull on it to get it to retract. Not sure how to remedy it except for maybe a complex network of cross braced iron bars to stop it going up too far, but that might be a bit of overkill!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

i think you will find that it has stripped a few teeth from the nylon drive rod it can be replaced but when i replaced my stero i could not work out the wiring to run the thing so i just replaced it with the cheapest elcy one i could find, but it is possible to replace , try a search to see if you can find it i am sure it has been mentioned befor
      so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Thanks for that. I have a look.

OK.. found the thread..
        http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...ghlight=aerial

Cheers
        Last edited by icsys; 16 October 2003, 10:27.
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
        X