yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got rear window wiring diagram or info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got rear window wiring diagram or info?

Does anyone have rear window wiring diag or experience - specifically I want to wire a switch to operate the rear window even when the ignition is off - i.e. wire into the key up/down wires. If anyone has info that may save me a bit of time I would appreciate it.

Reason is: Sometimes when away for weekends I sleep in the back of the Hilux, getting out from the tailgate is tricky cos it means I have to turn the ignition on and use the switch up-front - I want to put a switch in the back that works with the ignition off so I can get in/out without hassle.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Originally posted by codlord
    Does anyone have rear window wiring diag or experience - specifically I want to wire a switch to operate the rear window even when the ignition is off - i.e. wire into the key up/down wires. If anyone has info that may save me a bit of time I would appreciate it.

Reason is: Sometimes when away for weekends I sleep in the back of the Hilux, getting out from the tailgate is tricky cos it means I have to turn the ignition on and use the switch up-front - I want to put a switch in the back that works with the ignition off so I can get in/out without hassle.
    Simon.

Just take a feed off the wires to the key switch and run a switch inside the car. The keyswitch on the tailgate operates without the ignition on.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Simon.

Just take a feed off the wires to the key switch and run a switch inside the car. The keyswitch on the tailgate operates without the ignition on.

Cheers
      Just what I was about to say

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Yeah thats I what I had planned, I was just wondering if anyone knew where the wires from the key go
        i.e. I could tap into the wires at or near the key but that is awkward to get to as its behind the glass etc - I was hoping to find out that the wires were available from the "top" of the door when it is lying flat:

I expect they are there somewhere but which colour wires etc? Just thought someone may know if they had done some wiring there already.
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Just following up on this, I've done a write up on how to do what you need:-

https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-surf-forums-technical/technical-electrical/1292667-toyota-hilux-surf-gen-2-remote-rear-window-rear-window-switch-with-ignition-off
          Thanks
          Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Working...
          X