Air con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con

Gidday people, I'm a newbie who's having air con problems.(91 2.4td)
    I've got no power to the switch at the dash, I traced it back as far as the low pressure switch on the dryer in between the radiator & grill (no power to this switch). I can't find a fuse related to the air con & all fuses by your legs in the cab and also in the fuse box in the engine bay are good.
    Does anyone have any clues for me???

Thanx guys.
    Last edited by crusty; 11 October 2003, 21:34.
    91 SSR ltd 2.4td Wine over grey. Currently on head #2.
    89 Mazda MX6 2.2 lt turbo.

I would guess you need the R? whatever topped up and re-pressurised, this guy is excellent and helpfull, what more can you ask for, he has done my Lexus on a couple of times over the last 4 years.....http://www.airconditioningforcars.co.uk/ ..regards Mick

Comment

Air-con fuses are behind the glove box.

Have a peek there.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by snowwolf
        I would guess you need the R? whatever topped up and re-pressurised, this guy is excellent and helpfull, what more can you ask for, he has done my Lexus on a couple of times over the last 4 years.....http://www.airconditioningforcars.co.uk/ ..regards Mick
        might not travel as far as oz though!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ummmmm. behind the glovebox. Is that access from underneath or does the glovebox just come out? My glovebox is stuffed full of Alpine CD player .

I just got my Surf back after the dreaded head replacement. Now the Air con doesn't work (must be a fuse because there is no power to the pressure switch) and my power steering is all funky now, squealing and feeling all "on - off" when turning tight.

I am actually English ,born in Canterbury Kent, I moved out to Oz in 89.
          Last time(2 years ago)I went back to see my bro (Cirencester, Glos) I only saw 1 surf in 2 months.

Thanx for the help guys. You've got great smileys. I had a nice last night.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Air-con fuses are behind the glove box.

Have a peek there.
            You are indeed "The Man".
            It's nice to see Toyota had a sense of humour with the position of that one
            Not really one that you'd just stumble across is it. I had to pull the whole panel out to get access. The 10amp fuse had blown, do you know what the 20 amp fuse is next to it? Or the dirty great big breaker next to that? I think I actually may have found the elusive FLUX CAPACITOR!!!.
            Anyways , thanx mate, you were right on the money.
            Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by crusty
              ummmmm. behind the glovebox. Is that access from underneath or does the glovebox just come out? My glovebox is stuffed full of Alpine CD player .

I just got my Surf back after the dreaded head replacement. Now the Air con doesn't work (must be a fuse because there is no power to the pressure switch) and my power steering is all funky now, squealing and feeling all "on - off" when turning tight.

I am actually English ,born in Canterbury Kent, I moved out to Oz in 89.
              Last time(2 years ago)I went back to see my bro (Cirencester, Glos) I only saw 1 surf in 2 months.

Thanx for the help guys. You've got great smileys. I had a nice last night.
              funky steering is most likely loose slippy belt, check the belt hasn't been damaged by the slipping (shiny,brittle), if so replace it, don't be tempted to over tighten it has it will strain the bearing on the p/steering pulley and could lead to it's premature demise.
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
                funky steering is most likely loose slippy belt, check the belt hasn't been damaged by the slipping (shiny,brittle), if so replace it, don't be tempted to over tighten it has it will strain the bearing on the p/steering pulley and could lead to it's premature demise.

That's what it was. When I got the head replaced, my mechanic obviously couldn't find his 14mm spanner and left the pump loose.
                Thanx mate.

ps. that post count is slowly climbing I'm really going to have to start post whoring!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crusty
                  You are indeed "The Man".
                  It's nice to see Toyota had a sense of humour with the position of that one
                  Not really one that you'd just stumble across is it. I had to pull the whole panel out to get access. The 10amp fuse had blown, do you know what the 20 amp fuse is next to it? Or the dirty great big breaker next to that? I think I actually may have found the elusive FLUX CAPACITOR!!!.
                  Anyways , thanx mate, you were right on the money.
                  Jim.
                  Thank you, for that you get pics (UK 4Runner, has most you'll need.)...........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanx Tony, that will be realy handy. Saved that in my "stuff i need to know because my mechanic won't" folder.
                    Cheers mate,
                    jim.

Comment

Working...
                    X