Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyless entry wiring connections???

Hi to all..

can anyone help please? i'm trying to fit a cenral locking remote system (keyless entry).. no alarm, just remote lockiing.. there's only 4 wires to connect, 1 perminent live (no probs) 2 earth (no probs) 3 negative pulse lock?? and 4 negative pulse unlock???
    i suppose i could connect in the drivers door to the existing wires from the door lock sellonoid, but i've opted for the door control relay under the dash..
    question is, does any1 who's fitted an alarm or locking system know which are the 2 wires in question, neg pulse lock and unlock?.. any info would be greatfully appreciated.. theres about 9 wire in total that connect to this relay..

regards... dave

CHANGED IT GOOD MAN.
    Last edited by marky; 20 September 2004, 11:17.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by dickieboy
      Hi to all..

can anyone help please? i'm trying to fit a cenral locking remote system (keyless entry).. no alarm, just remote lockiing.. there's only 4 wires to connect, 1 perminent live (no probs) 2 earth (no probs) 3 negative pulse lock?? and 4 negative pulse unlock???
      i suppose i could connect in the drivers door to the existing wires from the door lock sellonoid, but i've opted for the door control relay under the dash..
      question is, does any1 who's fitted an alarm or locking system know which are the 2 wires in question, neg pulse lock and unlock?.. any info would be greatfully appreciated.. theres about 9 wire in total that connect to this relay..

regards... dave
      Dave.

I would suggest going for the drivesr door unit. I put mine there and it is so much easier, you connect to the manual lock and unlock button. You can check with a meter for the lock and unlock wires out of this.

When I did mine (Cobra unit) took longer to get the door trim off than fit the thing. Wired it through the door wiring hole and flexi tube and fitted the box under the dash.

Cheers

Comment

hi andy and marky

thnx for a rapid response...
        it's a 92 k reg surf ssr-x model

i did originally decide on an drivers ddoor fittment but wanted to make life easier.. i might still go for that .. did you connect to the armrest switch or the one operated by the door key?

regards.. dave
        Last edited by dickieboy; 19 September 2004, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by dickieboy
          hi andy and marky

thnx for a rapid response...
          it's a 92 k reg surf ssr-x model

i did originally decide on an drivers ddoor fittment but wanted to make life easier.. i might still go for that .. did you connect to the armrest switch or the one operated by the door key?

regards.. dave
          Dave.

I connected to the Armrest switch - The lock/unlock button on the armrest that is.

Cheers

Comment

This may or may not help.

Rich.

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

hi..

thnx again Andy.. and thank you very much too Rich, a wiring diagram, exactly what i needed.. all i need now is her indoors to come back with mi' surf so i can get the spanners out... PAS belt needs a tighten up next.. it's never ending is it ... thats on the surf, not the wife!!

thnx again.. dave

Comment

Working...
              X