yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric aerial how to operate manually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric aerial how to operate manually.

Hi i want to be able to operate the aerial when i need have read several posts, i have replaced my head unit and used one of the wiring convertors , it says on the packet that wires H and I are joined together and this goes to the power aerial on the stereo, i presume that as these two wires are joined that one goes to the on board amp and the other to the aerial and when the unit is turned on either a 12volt feed or an earth is applied to this commoned wire and therefore if this is correct does anyone know which of these two wires it is as i want to put a switch in line to manually operate the aerial and do not want to butcher the wiring.

Originally posted by markmobile
    Hi i want to be able to operate the aerial when i need have read several posts, i have replaced my head unit and used one of the wiring convertors , it says on the packet that wires H and I are joined together and this goes to the power aerial on the stereo, i presume that as these two wires are joined that one goes to the on board amp and the other to the aerial and when the unit is turned on either a 12volt feed or an earth is applied to this commoned wire and therefore if this is correct does anyone know which of these two wires it is as i want to put a switch in line to manually operate the aerial and do not want to butcher the wiring.
    If you can still get to the wires, disconnect one while the aerial is up, if the aerial goes down then thats the wire.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

This may help:

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...oundsystem.jpg
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
      X