yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket Alarm Removal/Wiring Diagram..Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Alarm Removal/Wiring Diagram..Help!

Hey,

I have 1998 Hilux Surf SSR-G I recently imported and I am having some issues with an aftermarket alarm system that came with it.

I am hoping to get some insight and help how to remove this thing because its a pain in the butt... I am not sure where this thing is tied into the factory wiring harness at all. I am also not sure if this model has a factory immob. or was this a add on? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model of surf?

I do have a few pictures I will upload to help. The alarm system is (what I read for the "brain") Hornet 260G. There is a red LED and a black push micro switch which I believe in the valet switch.

The issue is if I unplug the brain the truck can not start (so my thinking its tied into the starter relay somewhere). Is this just as simple as tracing the wires back and re hooking up the factory wires? (it is a bit of a rat nest under there of wires...). Also right now if I enter the truck and shut the door, there is a slight clicking coming from behind the dash, not the alarm brain through. It can be shut of by turning the key to "on" and pushing the valet switch.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

Here is a couple pictures, I do think now this clicking is from a relay/ body ecu I believe. Also included one of the truck!
    Attached Files

Comment

New update on the "clicking" noise. Ive been told it an alarm countdown timer. Anyone know about these?

Also anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for a 1998 ssrg 3.4 petro?

Comment

Found this info. This alarm is very complicated, to complicated.
        http://www.hornetcarsecurity.com/Tec.../Glossary.aspx.
        I suggest removal and fit an alarm you can understand and get fixed by a local installer.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks for the help!

I ended up getting the alarm removed professionally when I got my car starter put it.

The clicking was a rare alarm countdown alarming system.

Comment

I don't know if this is still the case with UK insurers but they used to demand that a CAT1 immobiliser was fitted to the Surf. May have changed now of course.

Comment

Working...
            X