Changing the starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the starter

After doing a search and finding removing the starter is straightforward, I figured its better for me to do it than pay someone.

My question though is obviously I'll have to disconnect the power, but do I need to disconnect both batteries? I have a Cat 1 alarm on it and I don't know what will happen to the programming. As the starter is on the n/s, I thought it may just pull power from the n/s battery.

Any comments?
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

You will have to disconnect both batteries. The alarm programming shouldn't change just make sure you disarm it before removing the batteriy connections (Negative first if you didn't already know).

A brief description of how to do:

Jack Surf up, N/S wheel off, rubbers on inside of arch off to give access and light (Stick the bonnet up too). The second bolt is a nasty one but it can be got with a ring/C spanner and a lot of patience, I think that I attacked it from underneath and it was hiding behind something and is at the rear of the housing.

The real fun is to be had in getting it out through all the plumbing, it will only come out going up! It's even harder getting it back in and it helps to have a mate giving you a hand.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
    X