Heater Lights Dim with sidelights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Lights Dim with sidelights

I have only recently noticed that when I turn on the sidelights, the dash lights in the heater panel dim considerably to the point they are hardly visible. Is this a known fault and does anyone know the cause?
    It's a 3rd Gen single battery set up. Thanks

Bad earth somewhere?

Comment

Earth?

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
      Bad earth somewhere?
      Any idea where? It affects the clock too but I imagine its a side light issue rather than a gauge illumination issue.
      Annoying, maybe I will just swap to the car I'm selling - that one seems to give me less grief at the moment!

Comment

If it's something to do with the sidelights, check there first, could be corrosion of the sidelight bulb terminals

Comment

Not an earth fault

Ok, this affects my brother in laws surf too! I have so far removed the dash, including all plugs, plus the clock and heater panel plugs. I have given each a new earth in turn and it makes no difference - there is clearly a considerable drop in power when the sidelights are on which in my mind would not be an earth fault. I have also given the sidelight stalk switch a new earth - also making no difference. It appears that all the sidelights have their own seperate earth points so I am wondering if this is a switch issue. Someone else must have come across the same problem!

Comment

You sure it's a fault? Is it not by design?
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
              You sure it's a fault? Is it not by design?
              x2

Comment

All single battery Surfs are the same as yours, the clock and heater lights dim when the sidelights are switched on to save battery power.
                Fit an additional battery if you want brighter dash lights.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  All single battery Surfs are the same as yours, the clock and heater lights dim when the sidelights are switched on to save battery power.
                  Fit an additional battery if you want brighter dash lights.
                  And there I am ripping the connectors off everything! Thanks - another mystery solved. Now on to the rev counter...

Comment

Working...
                  X