yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LN130 won't start, no dash, no radio, no indicators, no windows, no central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LN130 won't start, no dash, no radio, no indicators, no windows, no central locking

As title describes my 91 SSR 2.4td auto has a short or blown a hidden fuse I can't find.
    I was installing a boost gauge, connected the earth and light wires to the cigarette lighter and connected the direct power (for battery memory) to a direct power line coming from the ignition switch lume (which went to what looks like an old immobiliser system).
    I accidently earthed them and now have the following symptoms:

Truck won't start (sometimes it will) but when it does the dash, indicators, windows and central locking don't work.

If I continually hold the key on 'start' all of the above will work but the engine won't turn over.
    I fear I have fried something I can not see.

I have gone over all the fuses in the driver's side panel and insert the bonnet without luck.
    There are 2 black earth wires that get extremely hot when I hold the key on 'start' which makes me think I have a short somewhere but after 8hrs I have no idea where!
    4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Any help would be appreciated...

Comment

Do the auxiliary electrics work without the engine running?

What is written on the immobilizer?

If I was you I would retrace my work and make sure that I hadn't created a short.
      Are the symptoms the same when the gauge is lit and or on?
      Do you have a multimeter?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The little bugger.... It was the AM1 fuse.
        It looked fine but once I took it apart I found it was broken at the base.
        Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
        X