Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear door open sensor on 3rd gen

Hi all

Does anyone know how to disconnect the rear door open sensor on a 3rd gen?

I had a small rear-end accident in Zambia and ever since, the door open light on the dash is almost always on. I've ruled out the 4 doors and the spare wheel carrier, and from playing with the catch I'm pretty sure the rear door's the culprit.

I can't see any obvious switch, I've removed the locking catch and it's got a cable and a wire going into it. The catch itself is in a sealed metal body and doesn't look "user serviceable" though.

Anyone know where to look/how to disable it?

Switch

It is not really serviceable although with persuasion you may be able to get in to it. Not sure which wire it is but why not cut each wire in turn to see which controls the light and if unsuccessful solder them back together and heat shrink them?

Comment

Thanks - I ended up taking the bulb out of the dash :P but would be nice to still have the sensors for the other doors, so might give the wire cutting approach a go when I get time. Will post if I do!

Comment

Squirt a load of WD40 in the locking mechanism and see if that helps - i did that to mine about 5 years ago and it seems to have worked! You will need access from behind the door panel though.

Comment

Working...
        X