3rd Gen Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Wiring Harness

Does anyone know if a standard loom was used in a 3rd Gen over all models?
    I have seen an SSRX model with additional tweeters in the door and wondered if the loom will already be in place on SSRG models. Likewise with heated side mirrors etc.
    thanks

Mine Definitely didn't have provisions for heated door mirrors, so I had to add my own, so I'd guess no!

That said, my diesel was pre wired for an electric fuel pump!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

I've got a ssrg 3rd gen with tweeters fitted, most car manufacturers fit a standard loom and just plug in the extras as it's cheaper.
      The ssrg is the top of the range as far as I know so should have the wiring.

Karma Supra how did you do the mirror heaters? I've just noticed mine either don't exist or have broken!

Comment

Yes, BMW use (more) standardised looms, but from most of my experience with Toyotas, they do not. There are many different looms that all connect with each other, you'll probably find that some "core" ones (like the one that gave me pre wiring for an in-tank fuel pump) are more standardised, but the ones for less common extras (like the field monitor, GPS and heated mirrors are not.

I converted the glass to heated by adding bike/snowmobile 12v heated pads to the back of the mirror glass, wired in parallel, with the relay that powers it up being switched by rear screen heater button.

This is in turn connected to my remote start alarm, so if the temperature is below a certain threshold, the rear screen and mirrors defrost

Personally, I'd run fresh speaker cable, the factory stuff is rubbish anyway.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Whilst on the subject of wiring looms, does anyone know if there are spare plugs under the seats for electric heated seats. and hopefully spare connectors for the switches at the console.
          I have a gen3 ssrx 1996.

Just bought some nice comfy elec heated replacements from a merc, a very good colour match by the looks of it.

Thanks

Comment

Wiring

The wiring for heated seats is definitely not there. I can also answer my own question about speakers - the electrical connector is in situ ready for tweeters to just plug in.

Comment

Working...
            X