Do I need these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need these?

The cables in the pic were attached to the batteries before the engine was removed. I thought that they must have been for the battery kill switch on the dash (flick the switch and it cuts all the power from the batteries). Now that I'm in the final stages of reconnecting everything, it seems that they're earth cables, they don't have anything else joined to them and judging by the length / size of them, they can't attach to anything other than the negative post of the batteries.

Question is, do I need them?

Doe's a Surf need this amount of extra earthing?, I would think not, unless there's something wrong somewhere (or has been in the past). If I don't refit them am I running the risk of causing some damage somewhere or preventing it from starting?
    Attached Files

they are aftermarket for something. probably just an extra earth kit. earths are often a tad undersized so people like to add extra ones.
    check if the factory earths on the battery and the chassis-engine ones are still there.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, the factory earths are still there.

Am I right in thinking that if they were added for a reason, the only thing that can happen is that something won't work?

Comment

Working...
      X