Rear passenger door window not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear passenger door window not working

Rear passenger window stopped working yesterday and I took the door apart to have a look.

When I unpluged the motor I tested the circuit and got 12 volts from the socket, but when the motor is plugged in I got nothing from the 2 wires even after I took the motor plug off and stuck the 2 wires into the socket.

Does this mean it's earthing somewhere? never thought about that when I had it apart or is the motor just fubar

have undone the motor from the door and rotated it round so the window is now closed and held the motor in place with cable ties and duck tape (used to have a landie)

Is it a difficult job to fit new motor? as I can't see how you can get at every thing

Originally posted by Shadyadie View Post
    have undone the motor from the door and rotated it round so the window is now closed and held the motor in place with cable ties and duck tape (used to have a landie)

It shows

Comment

How do you make tape from ducks?

Nev.

Comment

It may have been a bit rough, but it got the window closed ( handy as it's chucking it down at the moment) and it's a lot better than a bit of polythene stuck over it. Plus other than the window not working there is no sign that there is anything wrong with it.

In my mind if the motor is earthing out then it's probably not worth looking at

So does anyone have a complete working unit for a drivers side rear passenger window, fully working , going cheap for a gen 2.
        Otherwise there is a potential for my temporary repair to become permanent

Comment

Originally posted by Shadyadie View Post
          It may have been a bit rough, but it got the window closed ( handy as it's chucking it down at the moment) and it's a lot better than a bit of polythene stuck over it. Plus other than the window not working there is no sign that there is anything wrong with it.

In my mind if the motor is earthing out then it's probably not worth looking at

So does anyone have a complete working unit for a drivers side rear passenger window, fully working , going cheap for a gen 2.
          Otherwise there is a potential for my temporary repair to become permanent
          Hi,
          I have complete working doors...I dare say I could strip them...ping me an email andyverran@yahoo.com

Comment

Check that the electric window switch is working. I have had issues with both the ones in the rear doors of my Gen 3.
            My symptoms were no window movement with either the rear door switch or the master one on the drivers door.
            I stripped the switches and cleaned the contacts and all is well now. The switches don't come out of the trim but the lower section where the wires plug in is removable.
            Be careful when you release the lower bit (white plastic on mine) that you don't lose the two 'rocker' contacts when it comes apart. They are loose in the switch but will only fit one way round.
            Cheers,
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X