No announcement yet.

3rd Gen - Dead when trying to start up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checked the voltage this morning and its dropped by 1v to 11.5v, even though i had it charging all night.

I couldnt remove the +ve terminal, as it was too late and piddling down last night!

As soon as i get home, its a clean-up job on the terminals, then a test to see if it will start. If that fails its in a taxi to the nearest halfords to see if they can test it under load.
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Test it yourself. Just charge, check/replace terminals and reconnect. Do a light load test first. With multimeter connected turn on lights, heater fan, etc and check voltage. If that's ok do a heavier load test. This is just checking voltage while cranking. If it drops below 10V then it's new battery time.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningad View Post
        checked the voltage this morning and its dropped by 1v to 11.5v, even though i had it charging all night.

I couldnt remove the +ve terminal, as it was too late and piddling down last night!
        If that was being charged with the -ve terminal off, it can't have drained, I'm plumping for knackered.

Comment

Thanks for all the help on this problem....

the answer is - shagged battery!

I checked the charge this morning - 11.5v, then when i got home it was 9v and it had not been connected to anything!

Took it to Halfords and the test machine said the battery was unserviceable, and gave the problem as a cell short-circuit.

So a new battery fastened up and it works great again.

again.thanks to all.
          adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Working...
          X