yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing previous Radio that's reasonably modern/standard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing previous Radio that's reasonably modern/standard...

...do I still need to chew-on with the dash dismantling (I've seen all the how-dos)?

I'm looking at it and it looks like it's going to be slightly blocked from a simple key and release jobbie. Which is a PITA considering it should be a 5 min change over.

But have any of you guys managed to do it (prise it etc)? Just thinking ahead of tomorrow's mission.

I'll be making the opening larger when I put the new one it if I have to go the whole hog with the dash every time I want access.

The existing radio is almost certainly going to be bolted in on the sides. you aint going to prise that out. It's not a bad job as long as you do it in the right order.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Boooo

Oh well...if I have to do that then I guess I may as well pop some new 10cms in, while I have it opened up

Easy enough...just would prefer a standard 5 min change over

Why would it be bolted in though? That's not the way to install a modern stereo.

Is it because the Surf's not suited to a normal installation routine?

Even my first car (a Capri ) didn't need to be dismantled.

Comment

More secure, innit. And Surfs aren't modern!
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No, I know they're not modern Although they're far newer than my Capri

I was referring to the fairly modern installation in mine, though.

I was just hoping for normality. Not a big deal.

Comment

Thats Toyota for you. Stops it bouncing around all over. Wouldn't want it falling out off roading would you.
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

It's actually very easy to do. Far longer, of course...but no hardship.

I've ended up wiring in a sub and should finish the back end off tomorrow (light beat me).

The previous "pro" had done a shocking job of installing the older radio. Minging and all the speakers mixed up

Now it's all nicely soldered and heat wrapped. Fitted female harnesses so any future upgrades will be plug'n'play.

Can't afford new speakers this week/month. Just spent a load on service stuff etc.

So yeh...anyone thinking of doing it...it's not hard. Not one bit. Just never going to be a key and release job

Comment

I dont get why people do all the cut and solder business. I just went to halfords and bought an adapter plug.
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
                X