Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome Fuse keeps blowing

Hiya

The 15amp dome fuse keeps blowing in my KZN185, have changed all the bulbs in front, centre and rear courtesy/vanity lights.

I assume that the power to the radio is for the station memory function and likewise the clock.

What else does the dome fuse protect, it is a 15amp which seems quite high powered for 2 x 8w roof lights, 2 x 8w vanity lights and the clock and radio memories (32w / 12 volts = <3amps).

Alarm??

This problem has manifested itself after the main 100amp fuse was blown by someone connecting a new battery the wrong way around.

Any ideas please

Cheers

Tony

HI,
    How did you solve this problem, Im facing the same thing

Comment

well for anyone reading this, here's what I found/solved the problem...
      symptoms
      tail lights not working(but brake lights working!), dashboard lights and clock all not working.

I recently changed the car stereo and retraced all wires and found one wire was earthing, causing several fuses to blow. The dome fuse in the engine bay, foothold fuse box had 3 blown fuses... WTF. One wire caused so many fuses to blow..
      Also found one earthed wire in the bonnet area that had rusted (!!), so cut the wire back and added a connector and screwed/bolted back to body.

Comment

Nice to see a follow on update for the forum!

Its amazing the knock of effect one short can take, although more often or not these trucks have some "dubious" wiring in one place of the other, from an aftermarket alarm, stereo or more often the addition of a rear fog light causing issues.

Glad its fixed!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kashy View Post
          well for anyone reading this, here's what I found/solved the problem...
          symptoms
          tail lights not working(but brake lights working!), dashboard lights and clock all not working.

I recently changed the car stereo and retraced all wires and found one wire was earthing, causing several fuses to blow. The dome fuse in the engine bay, foothold fuse box had 3 blown fuses... WTF. One wire caused so many fuses to blow..
          Also found one earthed wire in the bonnet area that had rusted (!!), so cut the wire back and added a connector and screwed/bolted back to body.
          I have this exact same issue where 1 fuse kept blowing the rear lights and dash lights out (but not brake or front lights) and could not find out where the problem was. Car is now with the Garage for MOT work, so will tell them to check out the radio wires as I changed that recently. I also used to have an alarm issue where it would go off all the time - but dodgy sparky just turned off the internal movement sensor I think.
          Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

radios are often wired to the dash light circuit so the lights on the radio dim when you put the head lights on.

Comment

Working...
            X