Door switch contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door switch contacts

I have a couple of door swithes that have bad contacts... flickering interior lights when jiggling the switches in and out and lights not always coming on. More important now as I have my alarm fitted.

Is it just a case of spraying them with WD40? They appear to be sealed units from what I can see.

thanks

Not sure about the Surf but most door switches have a live feed and just ground to the body. If it does just clean everything with fine emery cloth or I use those Small metal nail files on eBay 3 for about £3 as they will fit inside the spade connector if you thin them down a bit.
    RS do a very good contact cleaner called EML I think,very good but expensive.
    Clean everything untill it shines including any springs and the body and that should sort it out.

Comment

re

i have the same problem with the tailgate switch, like you say they look like sealed units, the only way you could get into it to clean would be to drill the rivets and then may be use self tappers

Comment

I managed to clean three of them successfully by removing them and giving them a dose of penetrating oil and pressing the switch in and out, but I still have one that's must have dirty contacts. So I'll have a go again once the endless rain eventually stops!

Comment

Working...
        X