Prev owner cut cables!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prev owner cut cables!!

My rear heated window demister doesn't work, following some research on here I found the female spade connectors had probably fallen off.

I took the rear tailgate apart and extended the glass and to my joy the male spade ends were disconnected.

I scrabbled around for the wires....... and to my horror they had been cut and taped up!!!! FFS!

I put my multi metre on the bare wires and got the missus to push the switch, but no current.

The light comes on, on the switch on the dash.

I cannot find any threads that suggest an earthing or shorting problem, so I am unsure why the spade ends would ever need cutting off..... any ideas?

The rear demister won't have any power to it unless the window is up/closed.

To test it with the tailgate open, you need to click the latches closed first.

Comment

Yep latches were closed, definitely had power because window slid in an out on the electric switch. Is there another connect switch? I'll try it with the gate up in case that completes the circuit.

Comment

Ah yes sorry, what I meant was the window needs to be fully raised before the demister can get any voltage.

Comment

I'm with you, I'll have another go at it when I get time. Thanks for the advice.
          I think to make sure I'll take the tailgate covers off and get in the back and shut it all up and see if there is any power then.

Thanks again
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X