No announcement yet.

94 Hilux Surf Headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some Halford Ultra Brilliance headlight bulbs (they were on offer 2 for 1) but havn't really noticed anything different.

I have recently had flat batteries and after getting new ones I am now presuming the alternator is buggered of needs a new belt or something as the truck was flat again the other night, would this explain why the new headlights don't appear to be that good? I mean if they are working from the batteries instead of the alternator would they be dimmer?
    Leaky Surf

Comment

It may explain something in the short term, but to get the most out of your headlights you do need to upgrade the wiring loom - the standard one is pretty crappy, particularly as the car gets older. It really is quite easy to put in another one, bypassing some of the old circuit and connecting directly to the battery. The directions come with the new loom (as suggested in my previous post - #14).

Comment

Well my alrenator is fixed, it was a simple matter of tensioning the belts.

I must say the bulbs have made a big difference now the are being powered properly by the generator as opposed to the batteries.

The kit you posted Yorta2 does look fairly easy to fit so in the new year I will have a look at doing this upgrade. Thanks for sharing.
        Leaky Surf

Comment

Working...
        X