Defogger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defogger

Can someone tell me am i looking in the right place for the most common place for the wire to break? the contactors are fine ive climbed inside and check for power and have none.The fuse is ok the switch is ok and looking on threads the relay is norm ok. So i`m thinking broken wire.

What is the colour of the wires at this point so it know im sticking the pin in the right one.

cheers
    GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Defogger

Marc,how do.Dont quote me on this as I am not a grown up,when mine stopped working it was because the wire had become disconnected from the spade connector in the rear door somehow,I removed the trim,metal plate and plastic sheet and just pushed the spade connector back on.
    I also noticed that when you lower the rear window even a 1/4 " the current is cut off from the rear demister,on mine the warning light on the switch goes out,so if the rear door is open as in your picture there is no current to the element,unless you trip the door lock mechanism's with a small screwdriver and open the window whilst it is in the horizontal position.Be VERY careful.I dont know where the trigger switch for the power cut off is but it might be worth a try

Comment

Cheers mate I check the spades and all ok tripped the locks opened the window and still no power

Comment

still looking what a pain in the ****

Comment

Check the terminals are still soldered to the heater element on the glass.

Comment

terminals look fine. It looks like loss of power somewhere?

Comment

Defogger

Marc,I think you must have put the jinx on mine as my rear window wont work now.so out with the tool box,
              Just swapped the motor over and had a thought,at one point my rear motor would not work because the wiper blade was not "parked" in exactly the correct place,some sort of cut out switch,might be worth a check on yours ?.
              When you use the switch in the centre console does the relay to left of rear door click ? if it does then theres power there for sure
              The wires to mine (where they connect to the glass)are off white with a black trace and plain black which I assume is earth!!
              Last edited by HONEST AL; 19 October 2012, 15:37.

Comment

Still hunting for this fault.The connectors on the glass are fine the relay is clicking.With the window up and switched on i have no power,i`m thinking rewire.

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
                  Still hunting for this fault.The connectors on the glass are fine the relay is clicking.With the window up and switched on i have no power,i`m thinking rewire.
                  Do you have a voltage meter? Try it on the two spade connectors that are on the bottom of the window to check for voltage. I was getting 12v here but the window still wouldn't clear. Turned out to be a tiny break in the element on the glass.

Comment

Working...
                  X