Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fog Light

Hi all,

Complete novice here. Just bought a SSR-X Limited in Black 1997 - very pleased with it. Had its SVA etc. On Saturday I had a Cat 1 alarm and Imobiliser fitted. I noticed today that the rear fog light has stopped working.

Opened the lower dash bit, found the fog light switch which is mounted next to an idle up switch (BTW - I have no idea what idle up does) - anyhow, 3 cables plugged into pins 1,2 and 4 - 4 being earth, 1 and 2 being something else It runs off my lighting circuit so whenever I have my lights on, the switch for the fog light can be activated. Except now, my side lights do not work whihc makes me think that a fuse has been blown. My main lights work but side lights do not. Any ideas on what to do - I guess changing a fuse but am unsure which fuse it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by s_wilson
    Hi all,

Complete novice here. Just bought a SSR-X Limited in Black 1997 - very pleased with it. Had its SVA etc. On Saturday I had a Cat 1 alarm and Imobiliser fitted. I noticed today that the rear fog light has stopped working.

Opened the lower dash bit, found the fog light switch which is mounted next to an idle up switch (BTW - I have no idea what idle up does) - anyhow, 3 cables plugged into pins 1,2 and 4 - 4 being earth, 1 and 2 being something else It runs off my lighting circuit so whenever I have my lights on, the switch for the fog light can be activated. Except now, my side lights do not work whihc makes me think that a fuse has been blown. My main lights work but side lights do not. Any ideas on what to do - I guess changing a fuse but am unsure which fuse it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Not sure if the surf is the same as a 'runner but the fuses are down by the accelerator pedal - check them out first
    you should get a better reply later on from one of the others (who has a surf!!)
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Auto electricians usually wire the Fog lamp to the Side lights for ease, so its activated when you turn you side lights on. So yep look for those fuses. the main ones are under the hood , but the secondry ones are probably the ones on the side panel by the accelerator.

The Idle up button can be turned on when in Park , or neutral and its mainly for when you need more revs for using a winch or other electrical stuff, turn it on and your idle speed goes up , press it again to stop it.

Another cool trick for the cold mornings is to start the truck, turn on the idle up , and it will be nice a toasty when you come back to the truck. Don't worry the neighbours love you reving your truck at 6am !

Have fun
      http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X