Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate window not working by key this may Help

Hi All

I posted on here the other day as my tailgate window goes down randomly. This is not a cure for this but it may help others where their key doesn't operate the tailgate window. On my hilux the key would put the window up but not down. It turns out to be the printed circuit board in the plastic block that is connected to the end of the lock barrel. You will see the circuit strip on the right is worn away. This is the side that makes the connection for the window to open. I will be making a new printed circuit board for it in the next few days and will post picks of it and let you know how it goes.

Mike
    Attached Files

Managed to repair mine with an old piece of track and some solder, been going for a year now..... And just repaired a gen 3 where the wiring moulded into the unit had shorted out, was constantly putting the window up and had burnt out the controller and the motor...

Good luck with your circuit board, sounds like a good idea!
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

do you remove this piece from the inside or do you remove the exterior panel, if all goes well for you and this is my issue what would it cost for you to make me one?
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
        do you remove this piece from the inside or do you remove the exterior panel, if all goes well for you and this is my issue what would it cost for you to make me one?
        I unbolted the lock barrel from the inside. Then uncliped the connector block. Then removed the lock barrel from the wiring harness and uncliped the little circular disc to reveal the circuit board. I then unsoldered the 3 wires from the circuit board. I will post photos when I get time. I have now made 3 of the circuit boards but have yet to fit and test one. Once I have done so you are welcome to one (free!).

Mike
        Last edited by diysurgeon; 31 May 2012, 14:28.

Comment

cheers buddy, let me know how it goes
          well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Tested and working

Sorry for the delay. I finally have made and fitted the little printed circuit board and it works!! The rear window operates as it should. I did make a couple of spares if anyone needs them.

Mike

Comment

Yes Please!
              Mine works fine going down, you hear the click and everything. It also works fine off the switch inside.
              Doesn't work off the key going up though. So I assume all the wiring's okay and I have a similar issue to you.
              It stopped after a particularly heavy jet washing session, so assume the corrosion got the better of it...
              I'll send you a few beer tokens for your trouble via paypal, just let me have your address.
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                Yes Please!
                Mine works fine going down, you hear the click and everything. It also works fine off the switch inside.
                Doesn't work off the key going up though. So I assume all the wiring's okay and I have a similar issue to you.
                It stopped after a particularly heavy jet washing session, so assume the corrosion got the better of it...
                I'll send you a few beer tokens for your trouble via paypal, just let me have your address.
                Hi

I have just sent you an email, I got it from your website as I don't know how to use the private messaging on here.

Comment

The private messaging is only available to paid members.
                  I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                    The private messaging is only available to paid members.
                    However he did send it first class, and for free. insistance on payment was met with strong NO, so go easy.
                    Received the new PCB and looks really good. Now just gotta find a bit of time to fit it...
                    thanks DIY surgeon, I will insist on buying you a drink if this works...
                    PS
                    Quality looks a1. Will report back once fitted...
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Mine stopped working one day same as you described but it worked again a short time after. I will keep an eye on this thread incase it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by diysurgeon View Post
                        I unbolted the lock barrel from the inside. Then uncliped the connector block. Then removed the lock barrel from the wiring harness and uncliped the little circular disc to reveal the circuit board. I then unsoldered the 3 wires from the circuit board. I will post photos when I get time. I have now made 3 of the circuit boards but have yet to fit and test one. Once I have done so you are welcome to one (free!).

Mike
                        hello mike

do you still got one of the 3 circuits left?

mine is gone busted, so the window goes down, but not up!

thanks J.C.
                        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                          hello mike

do you still got one of the 3 circuits left?

mine is gone busted, so the window goes down, but not up!

thanks J.C.
                          Hi

Yes I still have a couple left. I just need to drill the holes in them. You are welcome to one.

Regards

Mike

Comment

I would happily take one if there is spare. Mine has the same issue of only working going up with the key is getting annoying unlocking the surf and turning the ignition on to put shopping in the back grrr

Comment

Well done Mike ..... Superb fix

11+ Years of Surf's ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X