Gearstick Sensor..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearstick Sensor..

Well after a few times of not being able to release the ignition key, I have found my sensor on the side of the gearstick is getting temperamental! Sometimes it will release no problem, other times i end up cursing at it and f##king about to try and get it to release, I did find if i flick the button on the top of the stick it does finally release. I have had it apart and cleaned the contacts but to no avail! Is it possible to get another or do i have to find a way around that part of the circuit? any suggestions (apart from sell it)
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Post a pic!!!
    May have a spare one!!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Bugger i've put it it back together now! I'll try and get a picture later mate, If i was to say, it sits at the base of the shift on the drivers side, is white held on with three screws, has three very thin wires out of the base that also go into the multi plug for the shift lock (the relay for the foot on brake before lever will move) would that help?

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        Bugger i've put it it back together now! I'll try and get a picture later mate, If i was to say, it sits at the base of the shift on the drivers side, is white held on with three screws, has three very thin wires out of the base that also go into the multi plug for the shift lock (the relay for the foot on brake before lever will move) would that help?
        Too busy today, but i wil gladly dig out the bits i've got tomorrow and see.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
          Too busy today, but i wil gladly dig out the bits i've got tomorrow and see.

Al
          That's not a problem mate, thanks for taking the time to look

Comment

Hi Al,
            Did you manage to have a look for the sensor mate? I've managed to bypass the ignition solenoid so gained a bit more time to get it sorted.

Comment

Just realised the bits i have are from a 2nd gen, will they be interchangeable??

Al

Comment

Hi Alan,
                I would have thought so? Could you get a picture mate and then i can see if they look the same.
                Cheers again mate.

Comment

Any luck with this Alan?

Comment

Any good ???

Al

Comment

Bugger!
                      They are different mate, well i'll go back to searching again, Thanks anyway Alan.

Comment

More than welcome!

Comment

Working...
                        X