Rear Window Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Motor

Well my rear window motor has gone wonky - the circlip that holds the spindle on the shaft has come loose and looks like I need a new shaft now. Was looking at both Milner's and Roughtrak's web site and Milners list 2 different types of Motor (mines 1990) but Roughtrak's only list 1 type. Will try to go around the scrap yards this weekend to see if I can get one from a jap car. Does anyone know what the difference is between my 1990 and a later spec motor is. Will have to buy new if I can't get one from a car. Have been reading other threads and it would seem a 1990 MR2, 1996 Landcruiser might fit. Anyone else suggest a precise model and year that I could also look at. Any help would be very welcome as I've been out enough money on this beast...

any Toy car from the similar era has the same motor, Corrolla's are the easist to find.

They are handed, left or right, there is a triangle peice of coloured plastic on the motor casing saying L or R. make sure you get the same one. (can't remember which one you need.

Never see a different type of motor, maybe its for a 3rd gen that has a different tailgate.

I made a bushing for an old one, where the shaft had worn a big hole in the casing and was flopping around.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers for the advice - looks like a trip around the scrap yard armed with a box of tools for me - many thanks

Comment

This may help - Ebay in the US

Although it doesn't say so there, he will ship here if you ask.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
        X