Air Con not cold enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con not cold enough?

Hi all. Ive just moved to Italy with my Surf, and naturally ive started to use the aircon more than i used to in the UK. Ive noticed that it never really gets that cold, and usually takes about 15 minutes to get to its coldest temperature wether on recirc or not.
    It was recharged around 9000 miles ago so i dont think that is the problem. Also, possibly unconected, ive noticed that when the air is turned off, there seems to be quite warm air coming through the vents, much warmer than the air temp outside and this is with the temp set to the coldest.
    There seems to be no obvious leaks anywhere.
    Any ideas anyone?

Originally posted by googlethorpe
    Hi all. Ive just moved to Italy with my Surf, and naturally ive started to use the aircon more than i used to in the UK. Ive noticed that it never really gets that cold, and usually takes about 15 minutes to get to its coldest temperature wether on recirc or not.
    It was recharged around 9000 miles ago so i dont think that is the problem. Also, possibly unconected, ive noticed that when the air is turned off, there seems to be quite warm air coming through the vents, much warmer than the air temp outside and this is with the temp set to the coldest.
    There seems to be no obvious leaks anywhere.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Check to see if the AC rad is blocked with mud.

Cheers

Comment

Cheers for the pointer, any ideas where it is as i'm not that mechanically minded!

Comment

I understand the aircon rad is mounted under the front below the coolant rad on the auto and in front of the coolant rad if manual (correct me someone if I am wrong) . If the rad is clear of external dirt/mud then I would check to see if the heater water tap is shutting off the coolant to the heater matrix . This valve is mounted in the engine bay bulk head above the engine/below windscreen area . If it does not shut the coolant off fully when the control on dash is moved to cold , hot water will still be circulating in the heater and being drawn into vehicle giving you the warmer than outside air temp . You may also just be getting the excessive heat from the engine drawn into the air ducts which there is nothing you can do about .Surf engine bays are very hot compaired to other motors I have worked on .

Rick
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
        X