Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen heater control unit

Hi all

Any idea where I could get hold of a replacement heater/HVAC control unit for my 3rd gen? It's the sliders-and-buttons one not the rotary one.

The unit still just about works but the illumination is all gone, and I know it sounds lame but it's a ###### pain at night!

I recently changed my stereo, so I took the chance to pull the HVAC control unit out and have a peek as well. Looks like you can replace the bulbs that illuminate the main icons, but not the temp and fan sliders. I also kind of shorted something out by trying to jiggle a dodgy connection with the sidelights on... doh.

Any help much appreciated!

have a word with Popeye... He does a fantastic job on em

look
    Last edited by Balllsy; 13 March 2012, 00:34.

Comment

IIRC Popeye hasn't done a 3rd gen unit. The bulbs are different. A few of mine are gone but I couldn't find out what they use (the ones I need are like a tiny non-LED "LED" style bulb).
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

He did my 3rd Gen one and a cracking job too! I definitely recommend doing it!

Comment

Did my 2nd gen also ... boootiful

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
            He did my 3rd Gen one and a cracking job too! I definitely recommend doing it!
            Mine too....
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=114

Pay attention at the back J i m s t e r .

Comment

Well spotted - yep that's definitely my 3rd Gen unit!

I had seen the Popeye thread (very eye catching colours!) but I'm really looking to replace the whole unit if possible. The stalk lights for fan/heat don't look replaceable, and besides that, functionally mine feels on its last legs

Any ideas?

Comment

Fair dos!
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post
                  Well spotted - yep that's definitely my 3rd Gen unit!

I had seen the Popeye thread (very eye catching colours!) but I'm really looking to replace the whole unit if possible. The stalk lights for fan/heat don't look replaceable, and besides that, functionally mine feels on its last legs

Any ideas?
                  Hi I will have one up for grabs soon (if you aint sorted it yet) i have just remembered that i have one to send to Popeye so as soon as that's done i'll have a spare..
                  I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah that would be great! Can u keep me posted?

Cheers

Comment

Will do mate, I'm aiming to get mine posted Monday as soon as it's arrived back i'll let you know..

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post
                        Yeah that would be great! Can u keep me posted?

Cheers
                        I've sent mine off to Popeye, so it's just waiting until he has time to do it.

Comment

Hi Baz, My Heater control is available mate..

Comment

awesome, cheers!

are you able to post? how much do i owe ya?

Comment

Yeah post isn't a problem, I'm not sure about price mate, make me an offer and we can go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X