I would like to kill ALL electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to kill ALL electronics

I have had the warning lights of alternator death coming on and going away for a couple of weeks.
    Annoyingly even if the warning lights go out for a while the and the alternator appears to be working, the battery gauge still doesn't read to as high as it used to. It's enough for the wipers/lights/radio etc to work but the wipers never seem to go very quickly and the lights never get very bright. Atleast when the 4warning lights go out everything will work - just - but after a small amount of time the lights will come back on, without fail. Switching between forwards and reverse guarantees to bring the warning light combination back on.
    I've had the volt meter on the alternator and it reads 12v, both batteries have 12v output and I can't see a dead fuse. I've also cleaned the 2 earths running from the batteries.
    What happens next so my truck can start to keep its electricity rather than me having to constantly re-charge the batteries. I presume a loose connection but I'm lost.
    I also need it working for Sunday.
    Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Replace the alternator.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Its probably just the alternator/regulator, especially going by how many pics of you splashing like a loony in water and mud you been posting lately, its really no good for it!

It usually is, if it dosn't fix itself in a few days then you need to change the alt.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It's 3months old. Just.
        Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

12v out of an alternator with the engine running isn't enough, would expect to see 14.2v. Very simple system on these alternators so i'd look at replacing that.
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

Working...
          X