Replacing Surf unit with Surf Unit - Aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Surf unit with Surf Unit - Aerial

I've removed the original radio-cassette unit that came in my surf and want to replace it with a CD-Radio-Cassette donated from another surf.
    I thought this would be relatively straight forward, the connections are exactly the same.

Only problem is that the electric aerial won't extend with the replacement unit. Can anyone help / point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Rob.

Not sure if it helps but the power for the electric aerial is almost always a yellow wire on the rear of most UK radios that have that function. Not sure if it's the same though if you are putting in a Jap spec replacement as the wiring diagram in the manual isn't too clear. However, the power is through a relay which may be separately fused.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Not sure if it helps but the power for the electric aerial is almost always a yellow wire on the rear of most UK radios that have that function. Not sure if it's the same though if you are putting in a Jap spec replacement as the wiring diagram in the manual isn't too clear. However, the power is through a relay which may be separately fused.
      nah, the power aerial is either orange if it has a dedicated wire or you can use the blue auxillary wire (amp remote)... yellow and red are the power to the unit (both +ve one switched one permanent)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
      X