Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red wiring

hi all
    i have had a bunch of red wiring from left hand side as you look at engine rap around my steering. its about 6foot long but dont have a clue where its from or should i say where it plugs in

any clues anyone ?
    cheers
    daz

It's not standard wiring so it's probably for some spotlights that were fitted by the previous owner.
    Does the wiring go through the bulkhead to somewhere under the dash?

Comment

Best thing to do with wiring that you think is not factory and in places you think can be dangerous, is to remove it all, especially if it is connected direct to battery and has no fuses. Always disconnect batteries when removing suspect wiring as well to prevent any shorts. I recently removed a huge bunch of wiring from a vehicle (not a Surf) because the owner said he could smell smoke when driving. This wiring was connected direct to the battery, had no fuses and was shorting behind the dash. A fire waiting to happen.

Nev

Comment

My surf arrived with a couple of front fog lamps, linked to two switches, three relays, three fuses and enough wire to do the whole truck. The fog lights didn't work so after checking it all out I removed it all. Rear fog and towbar wiring still work ok. It was a very professional looking job using all PIAA parts but there was still quite a few places that had been hot/burnt.
        All the best

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
          My surf arrived with a couple of front fog lamps, linked to two switches, three relays, three fuses and enough wire to do the whole truck. The fog lights didn't work so after checking it all out I removed it all. Rear fog and towbar wiring still work ok. It was a very professional looking job using all PIAA parts but there was still quite a few places that had been hot/burnt.
          thanks all its been a great help
          cheers
          daz

Comment

Working...
          X