diagnostic results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diagnostic results

I did the diagnostic check last night connecting TE1 and E1.
    The light flashed as it seemed to go through the different elements and then started to flash 7 times and then 10 times.
    Looking at the fault codes this means i have a prob with 7 - Throttle position sensor and 10 - Starter switch.
    Can any one tell me where they are and whether they are likely to have any effect on the day to day running of the motor.
    Ta

Throttle position Sensor is on the throttle body opposite the throttle cable linkage.Saw some info on testing these on Aussie site a while ago but can't find it yet.Have a look and do a search and you may find it.

The other code 10 I can't help with.A few on the Aussie site have had this and have not seen a solution yet.

Neville

Comment

The starter code for petrol motors ( would have thought the basics are simular) says.....

Code means- "Starter signal (STA) is not input to ECM even once, untill the engine reaches 800rpm or more when cranking"

Fault- " Open or short circuit in starter signal circuit, or open or short in Ignition switch, ignition switch circuit or open or short in starter signal circuit"

So I'd be looking at a faulty ignition switch circuit or ignition switch, or starter wiring loom.

Its probably one of those things that doesn't affect the running much, but tells the ECM that the engine is being turned on the key, not running really slow. Probebly find the ECM will fuel/adjust stuff in the motor different when starting, compared to ticking over really slow.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X