split charge connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split charge connections

I have installed a leisure battery in the space behind the n/s headlight (I only had one battery before so this was free). I hope to use it for powering some extra cigarette sockets and lamps etc while the engine is off.
    I have been following the excellent details on http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/battery.htm
    but can't find the connection to switch the relay on after the surf is running, his picture looks like the yellow wire in the fuse box but this switches on a buzzer for me. could anyone help me as to which wire to connect it to. my surf is a 91 2.4td.

Originally posted by Darren
    I have installed a leisure battery in the space behind the n/s headlight (I only had one battery before so this was free). I hope to use it for powering some extra cigarette sockets and lamps etc while the engine is off.
    I have been following the excellent details on http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/battery.htm
    but can't find the connection to switch the relay on after the surf is running, his picture looks like the yellow wire in the fuse box but this switches on a buzzer for me. could anyone help me as to which wire to connect it to. my surf is a 91 2.4td.
    Darren.

Drop a PM to Codlord as he is the one who's website that is and who did the mod.

Cheers

Comment

thanks lucky I have PM'd him. I think his surf must be different somehow though because it looks pretty clear that he has used the yellow wire. Can anyone else tell me if that worked for them?

Comment

Hi Darren,
        I have a 4 runner and installed a second battery, all i did was get a volt meter and get the missus to turn the engine on and off about 20 times till I found a suitable wire and the connected into that. very simple but takes a bit of time.
        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
          Hi Darren,
          I have a 4 runner and installed a second battery, all i did was get a volt meter and get the missus to turn the engine on and off about 20 times till I found a suitable wire and the connected into that. very simple but takes a bit of time.
          Good luck
          Thanks for your help, I've tested every wire I can see in the fuse box they all either don't go positive with ignition or stay positive during cranking, do you remember what colour your wire was or what it was going to?

Comment

Darren,
            If you send me your e-mail address, i can send you a copy of Split Charge connections for a Surf.

Sewerat Bob
            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Hi Darren,
              I will have a look and see if i can find the wire, car is in the garage at the moment so might be a few days.

Comment

Ahhhh,
                I knew I had seen something somewhere else!!!! check this out
                http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/dualbattery.htm

the windscreen wiper wire!!!

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X