hi all, electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi all, electrical problem

hi everyone was searching for problem for my stereo when came across this forum, so hope to be part of it.
    but my problem is when i put my cd rack into the changer on my 96 surf it wont' connect and just keeps jumping back out, just wondered if anybody has had same problem or can help with this. cheers craig

Cd changer

Craig,how do and welcome,
    Dont quote me on this,but.....Firstly,is the radio working,if not, check out the little fuse on rear of the head unit,then the main inline fuse to the head.
    Does the rack go all the way in or does it just "sit there"????,mine cannot be forced in if the power is off,it just sits there.
    If it is accepted by the changer and then rejected it would appear that there is power to the changer,but the changer thinks it wants to eject the rack,if no power it wouldnt go in.Remove the rack and check that all your cd s are flat in their holders(trays)
    The rack cannot be ejected by touching buttons on the head unit,only an eject button on the changer,usually inside the door or cover,could that button be "stuck" in the eject position??.Take the rack out and see if there is anything causing an obstruction(if you have kids check for lolly sticks &/or biscuits)The lead between the head and changer is fairly robust,check to see if it is in correctly at both ends(not loose)Some stereos (if disconnected) have a reset button,check the manual.If your stereo is brand new,have you removed the transit screws,not all sets have these but worth a look.A lot of setups have to be vertical or horizontal,and fixed firmly to solid bodywork,i.e. not a parcel shelf.
    Check that lot out and get back on ,Alan

Comment

hi al and cheers thrifty

radio and tape work fine, cd rack is ok but just jumps back out when you try to insert it. i actually bought the surf off my brother who stopped using the cd about 2 years ago when this started happening so cd rack was in back of a draw for long time. when i eventually got the rack off of him it slotted in and worked perfectly but when i took it out to change some cds, it would not stay back in and jumps out again, it easily pushes down with power on or off but just will not click in, cheers for any ideas

Comment

Working...
      X