Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maf sensor?

HI

I was looking for solution why my surf is smoking.... i've blanked egr, is better but still..., when I replaced air filter I've realized that one cable was cut yeah this one which going to air flow meter (or whatever it is), has been repaired but still no effect. Was looking for ecu pinout just to make sure that is a closed circuit,, but couldn't find it Any helP?

Thx Andy
    Last edited by DjAndree; 30 June 2011, 11:35.
    Andy

Its only a air temp sensor, if its open, or wildly wrong resistance you'll get a fault code.

You should be getting around 2v with a cold engine, and 5v with hot engine to the sensor
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Its only a air temp sensor, if its open, or wildly wrong resistance you'll get a fault code.

You should be getting around 2v with a cold engine, and 5v with hot engine to the sensor
      Right... on cold engine temperature outside around 20 C get 4.98V reistance of air sensor 2.06 kohm's, and now smoke is blueish and engine shaky.... any help? 4 years ago cylinder head was replaced for Aussie modified one. Since then run perfect, now, after winter he start playing with me.... Some advice? TPS? Many THX
      Last edited by DjAndree; 1 July 2011, 11:45.
      Andy

Comment

Problem with rpm's solved... air hose leading from air filter to turbo elbow was snapped, but stil got no idea where to check this +5v on cold engine...
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DjAndree View Post
          Problem with rpm's solved... air hose leading from air filter to turbo elbow was snapped, but stil got no idea where to check this +5v on cold engine...

and done...engine temperature sensor - broken loom.... hard do get it but.. starting without any problem without missfire!!!! yupi.....
          I've got this on wiring diagram.. all sensor are linked together so ecu reading wrong temperature and sending a signal to pump with faLSE amount of diesel... no smoking etc...
          Last edited by DjAndree; 28 August 2011, 19:32.
          Andy

Comment

Cool.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I would LOVE to know if this is an air temp sensor or a Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF)???
              From my understating the black plastic plug going into the intake next to the air filter is a MAF sensor.
              However I have no idea how this one works being completely plastic?!?!?!? (unless there is a wire inside it?)

The MAF sensor not only controls air fuel mixture but also in automatics it controls gear change as well.

Can someone please clarify for me and I would really love it if someone could post up a picture of their plastic plug so I can confirm mine is legit as it just doesn't look right and my truck starts better without it plugged in!
              Chris
              4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

bump bump bump

if anyone can answer the above !

mine starts a little lumpy, runs ok after 10 seconds...
                has no guts on take off or up hills.

does air intake sensor control air/fuel mixture or just the starting temperature????

(I have replaced injectors with reco ones and since then its been a slug, figure my leaking injector pump is the culprit and doesn't have the pressure to open up the injectors now... new pump ordered)
                Last edited by Chris QTown; 18 March 2015, 01:23.
                4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Working...
                X