oil pressure gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure gauge

2nd posting chaps so any help will do oil pressure gauge still not working, new pressure switch fitted, gauge works ok when its shorted out, single wire to pressure switch is ok & working, but when connected gauge will just not work, been pressure tested ok, wants to be its been like this for a year now so can any1 enlighten me further ??? all & any help greatly appreciated, cheers lads
    p.s iv read the forums 1st seeking the answer but mighta missed it with laughing my b______s at some ov the witty comments in there

Hello,

You have done all that I would recommend, the only thing that I can think of is the pressure sensor is not earthing to ground when it is operating. Did you test the wire to earth at the sensor connector to check the gauge?

I have never physically looked at one so I dont know if it earths through it's body or through a second wire but I would say that would be the problem if you have tested the gauge from there.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

cheers rich
      i think sensors earth's itself so thats not the prob, does any1 know the resistance or ohms (think thats wat the auto leccy says) ov the pressure switch itself, cheers lads
      lee

Comment

Working...
      X