Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    You're welcome Ian.

Just a heads up - the wiring kits come with a phono cable long enough to run the length of the truck so you'll just need to buy one long enough to link the blaupunkt to the tv unit.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you,

Rob.
    Thanks Rob, i noticed after posting that the kit had two long phono leads and figured i didn't need to buy a pair, all i need to get then are the shorter pair to reach from the roof to the center dash, i'll post some pics of it all when it done, hope the amp actually works after all this apart from the dodgy phono jack socket (no earth bit on one of em) it does look a bit like someone "crow bar'd" the fecker out of a car, lad assured me it came from his car and worked fine so we'll see! thanks again Rob, much apprecieated mate, hope it didn't cause you too big a headache
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

No headaches Ian, Just took me a while as I've been sorting out my garage this week so no sitting on the settee on the web.

Only thing I'll add is to test the aux in on the tv unit before you install it all to make sure it works like it should. Might be easier to pop out the other stereo and wire it all up on the bench (ignore the amp for the mo, just use the front speaker outs on the tv)

Then you'll be sure of everything before you install it all.

Comment

No headaches Ian, Just took me a while as I've been sorting out my garage this week so no sitting on the settee on the web.

Only thing I'll add is to test the aux in on the tv unit before you install it all to make sure it works like it should. Might be easier to pop out the other stereo and wire it all up on the bench (ignore the amp for the mo, just use the front speaker outs on the tv)

Then you'll be sure of everything before you install it all.
        Good idea Rob, tv and rear speakers are already out, radio comes out easliy as will the front speakers, i've got to check what phono leads i need as some i looked at had a small jack on one end, i'll check the actual rca jacks on the tv and the radio adaptor when it arrives to see if it's male or female i need, the amp wiring kit arrived, very quick as i only ordered it yesterday, impressive kit it is too, i wait to set it all up on the bench when i've finished with the boxwork, theres sawdust all over the place, cant do owt this weekend as were off to stay at the grand in brighton, a treat for our ruby anniversary, it's a load but someone got to bear it

Comment

Did you get all this stuff working ok ?

Comment

Did you get all this stuff working ok ?
            Hi Rob, sorry for not spotting your post, well mate i had enough of the "amp"
            i did as you suggested and roughly wired it up on the bench but the amp didn't work and i couldn't controll the volume through the tv unit, i found that the volume button on the tv actually changes the bl00dy channel, so!!! what i've done is wire the two units in seperatly, volume on the tv unit only works on the touch screen but it all works ok, (i just dont touch the volume button on the side)
            i've only just (today) finished wiring the Blaupnkt amp and found the amp dosen't power up, haveing had enough i'm just gonna wire the rear speakers to the head as normal, and dump this amp, head units working fine,
            anyway mate thanks for all the trouble you went to on my behalf
            it's all my faule for buying cheap chinese tellys and amps from boy racer scumbags

Comment

Working...
            X