rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window

Please forgive my ignorance,but how do you operate the rear window?I have tried the switch on the dash(nowt),do you need to use the key on the outside as well?(DUH!!!!)

Powered by ????

Originally posted by RobD
    Please forgive my ignorance,but how do you operate the rear window?I have tried the switch on the dash(nowt),do you need to use the key on the outside as well?(DUH!!!!)

yes the window should operate from the key lock on the tail gate, check window lock off button is not depressed when using the button.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Another thing, the window won't operate either way if the rear wiper isn't parked properly in its holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Another thing, the window won't operate either way if the rear wiper isn't parked properly in its holder.
        that sounds right is it going back under the spoiler properly on its own
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

most of the ime if you use the key and the wiper is not home it will go home first, BUT the other day i knocked the rear wiper on and off again and my window would not open at all , there are a few switches that can stop the window going down and it is more than just giving the wiper a shove to make sure it is where it should be.
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
            that sounds right is it going back under the spoiler properly on its own
            The window isn't moving at all,I've tried the switch (can hear a click when I press switch)and the key in the tailgate(number plate light mount)all this does is lock the tailgate!
            Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
              The window isn't moving at all,I've tried the switch (can hear a click when I press switch)and the key in the tailgate(number plate light mount)all this does is lock the tailgate!
              All the key in the tailgate does is the window, the lock button inside the tailgate locks automatically as you shut the window.

crawl inside and make sure its down properly, when check the wiper arm is in the right place, then you'll have to crawl inside again, and pop the cover off the inside of the tailgate and see if the motor is getting power when the switch is pressed or key is turned.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

This may just be me being daft, but are the 'rules' th same on a '96 car ?
                They have up and over tailgates don't they ? Does this change the use of the key lock ?

Jim
                [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

the keyhole is not a keylock iff you shut tailgate & dont push button down turn key to left window will go up you will hear a click as tailgta button moves to lock position
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    the keyhole is not a keylock iff you shut tailgate & dont push button down turn key to left window will go up you will hear a click as tailgta button moves to lock position
                    Marky
                    Does it work with the key on a '96 3rd gen Surf regardless of any button pushing?